Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 9: Reinforcement has arrived

Help is here – and what a relief!

Mum and Dad arrived yesterday evening. We hadn’t told Jemima they were coming so it was a complete surprise for her. Although persuading her to go for a drive with Daddy (to pick them up from the airport) was no easy task. Not even the promise of ice cream did the trick – her response being “ ice cream isn’t healthy and I’m full.”  That girl will never cease to amaze me.

Needless to say she’s super excited to have them here. Playing with Grandpa is so much more fun than playing with Mummy on the sofa!

I have to confess I feel so much more relaxed now that Mum and Dad are here – safe in the knowledge that should I need to go to hospital there is always someone here with Jemima or on hand to pick her up from day care. And  I’m learning that a little relaxation goes a long way in these situations.

Perhaps one of the best things about Mum and Dad being here – they arrived with stacks of proper English chocolate!  2 huge bars of Cadbury’s chocolate (Dairy Milk and Fruit and Nut) and a bag of Twirls.  Lovely stuff. Sorry Hershey’s but you just don’t cut the mustard!

No comments:

Post a Comment