Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Running with the Girls

By the girls I mean ‘the girls’ so if you’re easily embarrassed or related to me you may want to look away.

On Sunday I ventured out for my first run since before I was pregnant with Billy, and considering I got pregnant over Christmas last year and physical exercise was never top of my agenda, we’re talking the best part of a year.  I was slightly nervous to say the least.

However, my nerves were more due to how the boobs would hold up (they are really quite large thanks to this breastfeeding lark!) rather than how I would manage it physically. I’m now two sizes bigger ‘up top’ than I was before I was pregnant so squeezing into my running gear and sports bra was a challenge. 

In order to keep the not-so-little ladies in place I bought in the heavy artillery and found myself walking out the door with 3 bras on – a regular nursing, sports, and a running top with a built in bra. Ben’s parting words were ‘hope you don’t come back with two black eyes’. Yes, I could hardly breath but the little puppies didn’t budge and I had a good run. OK, so I walked a little bit but all things considered I returned home pretty proud of myself and, against all odds was not stiff the next day. So ‘girls’ see you next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment