Tuesday, July 27, 2010

33 weeks!

Now at 33 weeks and with the cerclage being removed 4 weeks today exactly, it’s just dawning on me that the arrival of this baby is potentially not very far away. 

Am I bored and fed up of this pregnancy?  Yes

Do I feel ready and prepared to be brining a new baby home?  No

Practically, we’re pretty much ready.  His room is all set up (with the exclusion of the cot!) and we have all essential supplies.

Emotionally – I don’t think you ever are ready. Even so, it all suddenly feels alarming close and real.

So I’ve started thinking about what I’ll miss/not miss once Noddy is here and what I’m most looking forward to/dreading. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but my starter for 1o.

What I’ll miss:

1. Calling him Noddy – I’ve become rather fond of his belly name

2. Having time to do the things that seem to always need doing but never get done

3. The bump itself and the feeling of him squirming around inside of me

4. The peace and quite in the house during the day

5. The ongoing excuse to eat what I want when I want

What I won’t miss:

1. The uncomfortableness (yes I think I’ve made up a new word) that comes with being pregnant

2. The 2 pillows that are needed to make sleep a pleasurable experience – particularly as it’s been nearly 80 degrees in our bedroom for the past 3 nights

3. The time I have on my hands – contradiction with point 2. above I realize

4. The heartburn

5. The feeling that I’m starving one minute, but full to bursting after just 4 bites of a meal

6. The contractions

7. The doctors

8. The drugs

9. The isolation and boredom that I’ve been feeling for the past 2 months

What I’m most looking forward to:

1. Having a new baby in the house and all that comes with it

2. Seeing how Jemima reacts

3. Exercise – I’m committed to a personal trainer and 20 hot yoga classes as soon as I get the all clear from the doc

4. Adorable little baby clothes

5. Some unmentionables

6. Introducing Noddy to the world

7. Having a more promising conversation with my managers about coming back to work and what they can offer me (fingers crossed, still a job!)

What  I am dreading the most:

1.The sleeplessness that comes with a new baby

2. Breastfeeding – although I’m determined to give it a go this time round having failed so miserably with Jemima

3. Jemima’s jealousy – she’s excited but I’m sure the tide will change at some point

4. The birth – seem to be dreading it more 2nd time round. I guess because I know what’s involved – and trust me you never do forget the pain!

5. Going back to work after 3 – 4 months.  At the moment I can only imagine how hectic life is going to become and how organized we’ll have to be (actually I’m quite looking forward to that bit!).

1 comment:

  1. A year in to the life of No2 and I can 100% say that the hard bits are 100% outweighed by the good stuff! You will be absolutely fine and everything will be a million times easier second time around, and if it's not you sort of just get over it and get on with it because you don't have the option to stop and cry and feel desperate - no1 is still there to keep you going! I'm just sad that your blog might end! I think we need some bump photos before the big day xx

    ReplyDelete