Monday, July 19, 2010

Time for a movie-fest

So I’m now 32 weeks which at one point is a milestone that many of us, myself and my OB included, doubted I’d ever reach.

I’m no longer on bed rest and we no longer have family staying with us. While I miss the help and support, I’m loving having the house to ourselves again and beginning to resume a relatively normal life. 

This weekend I managed a short walk in the park and a playdate making both me and Jemima very happy. Admittedly I had to come home and lie down after both adventures but that’s way better than being glued to the sofa.

I’m still definitely limited in what I can do and how far I can walk and I don’t want to take any chances so I’m still taking it easy.

Hence, my mission over the next two weeks is to watch movies. There’s loads of chick flicks on ‘On Demand’ that I really want to see but can’t persuade Ben to watch for love nor money (despite him subjecting me to Funny People on Saturday night which incidently is not at all funny).  And it’s dawned on me that if I don’t watch these movies over the next few weeks, heaven only knows when I’ll get the chance.  So if anyone wants to join me for some serious chick flick viewing, you know where I am – and I have popcorn and Oreos to boot!

Flicks on the list include:

Leap Year, The Time Traveler's Wife, Young Victoria, Remember Me to name but a few.

1 comment: