Friday, July 2, 2010

The Maldives will just have to wait

To put a bit of context behind this somewhat random title, my husband and I have a bet that Andy Murray will one day win Wimbledon.  The prize for the winner: dinner at the restaurant of your choice – ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  So far, Ben’s restaurant of choice: The French Laundry in Sonoma. My restaurant of choice: really not fussed as long as it’s in the Maldives.  I’m far more about the destination than the food, but I hear the food is pretty spectacular at those not-so- shabby beach villas!

Despite Andy’s defeat against Nadal today I am more convinced than ever that the Maldives will become a reality.  Murray will win Wimbledon. He played the match of his life today and the score did not justify the results. Against any other player I believe Murray would have won that match and with another year of two under his belt he’ll have the confidence to pull it off. Moreover, Ben, had he been watching that match would have been seriously worried, and so he should be.  I don’t like Nadal but have to admit that he’s a phenomenal player and when it comes to it seems to be able to pull rabbits out of hats.  Murray didn’t lose that match, he was within a whisper of a win, but sadly Nadal was able to inch that little bit closer.  But mark my words my darling husband -  be afraid, very afraid and start saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment