Friday, July 30, 2010

What a waste of time

This morning I had an appointment at my OB. Just a regular check up but not with my doctor as I’m starting to rotate.

I’ve had one dealing with this particular OB before – the night I came home from hospital following the cerclage. I was having contractions and had to call the doctor on call. Well after an hour he didn’t call me back – they are meant to call back within 20 mins.  I put in another call and was connected directly to him at home. I am convinced he was drunk (it was about 10pm on a friday) and all he did was grunt at me.

So today I was less than enthusiastic about seeing him but determined to have an open mind – perhaps I was totally wrong. Well, he did nothing to change my opinion of him. I waited for 45 minutes to see him and all he did was measure me and say ‘oh, it looks as if you’re breezing through this pregnancy’.  Doc – read the notes please. I’d hardly say a rescue cerclage, 7 weeks of bed rest and 3 emergency trips to labor and delivery counts as ‘breezing through’.  I sincerely hope that he is not the doctor that will delivery Noddy.

On another note, all I’m seeing in my house at the moment is cobwebs and dust.  Either they have all magically appeared in the last 3 days, or there really is such a thing as nesting.  Off to blitz those webs in our bedroom and bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment