Sunday, July 4, 2010

A bite-sized taste of freedom

Yesterday we had two tasks to complete:-

1) Spreading 10 cubic yards of mulch in the garden

2) Taking my car to the garage for a service

I obviously wasn’t able to contribute to the former, but as the latter involved driving to the garage and sitting and waiting, now at 30 weeks, it was felt I was up to the job.

So, for the first time in nearly seven weeks I ventured out of the house – ALONE.  As you can imagine the sweet smell of freedom was too much to resist so I added a quick trip to the bakery AND the butcher. Wow, what a crazy lady I’m turning out to be!  OK, so all up, three pretty unexciting chores but for someone who has barely left the house, let alone without the company of at least one other person in almost two months, it was just lovely.

Ironically, today, the 4th July, when the rest of America is huddled up somewhere with their families I’m sitting here all alone as Ben, Jemima and Nana have headed out to the Issaquah Parade.  Jemima, quite rightly, took the biggest bag she could find to fill with candy, promising she’s save me some. Last year, she picked up the best part of a 1lb of candy so I’m sincerely hoping she comes back with more than piece for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment