Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 19: Being Productive

Who said bed rest was all about daytime TV and reading meaningless chick lit books?  To a degree I’ve achieved more in the past 3 weeks than I have in the past 3 1/2 years. 

Over the past two days, together with my mum, we’ve sorted through nearly four years worth of baby and toddler clothes (yes, I kept absolutely everything), deciding which are ‘boyable’ or not for Noddy.  And those that are very obviously girls clothes (basically everything from 3 months up) has been sorted by age and season ready to be taken to the consignment store by my mother in law once I reach 28 weeks.  I’m afraid I’m too superstitious to be really preparing for the arrival of Noddy before then.

To think I was worried that as we were having a boy I’d have to invest heavily in new clothes and baby supplies, believing almost everything we had for Jemima was pink.  How wrong I was.  Following the clear out I’m left with two extra large storage sacks of either gender neutral or boys clothes. I was obviously far more cautious buying for Jemima than I remember, plus I’d forgotten that before Jemima was born my sister in law passed down lots of baby boy stuff.  In short, I won’t need to buy anything for the first 3 months at least, unless of course he arrives very early and we find ourselves needing preemie/tiny baby clothes. However, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

And I’ve finally got round to doing Jemima’s scrap book.  That basically means sorting through 3 1/2 years worth of pictures, artwork, treasures, certificates and cards that for whatever reason I’ve kept due to sentimental reasons. Believe me that is no small task and has taken a lot of glue and two scrap books.

I’ve also finally started Jemima’s School Memories book which allows me to log key facts, stats, random things from Pre-school through to Grade 6.  So finally, Jemima now has an official record of her toddler years! 

Tomorrow is a big day: My 2 weekly check up at Eastside Fetal medicine when I’ll have another growth scan, plus an internal scan to check the length of my cervix. Here’s hoping it’s nice and long!

Looking at the forecast, we’re in for a good week or so of sunny weather so I’m glad my sun lounger is on order.  It should be here by Saturday which is when the sun is really set to come out. I’m looking forward to getting some fresh air and fingers crossed a bit of a tan and a good does of Vitamin D.

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful thing you're doing for Jemima, putting the scrapbooks together. My mom kept a ton of stuff from when I was a kid, and those things are truly treasured possessions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you end up needing small clothes (not quite preemie but not quite newborn) I can send you some! They are definitely gender neutral so will work.

    As for getting rid of the girl clothes, please do 1) keep some beautiful ones for jemima, she will appreciate those as well later on (as will you, remembering her in them!) 2) if you have any awesome ones, save 'em for me!

    xooxxxo glad to hear you have family help and sound in good spirits.

    ReplyDelete