Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To buy or not to buy

I’m finding it impossible to put off buying any baby necessities for much longer.

I originally promised to hold off until I’d reached 28 weeks as didn’t want to be tempting fate.  I crumbled yesterday and bought some closet organizers for Noddy’s room so we can begin to organize clothes, bedding etc.  Next step will be to bring in the furniture, although I’m far too superstitious to be putting up the crib until he’s born.

But for some reason I keep shifting my own goal posts to buy additional necessities – monitors, decor finishing touches, bottles, sterilizers etc. All the fun stuff that I’m really excited about.  For some reason I now don’t want to be buying anything until I’ve had tomorrow’s check up.

But the wait is killing me. Let’s face it – online shopping is one of my few pleasures at the moment. And since Sue arrived yesterday with all sorts of adorable baby goodies, both Ben and I are beginning to get really excited about having a tiny baby in the house again. Obviously we don’t want any imminent arrivals, but now we’ve passed the 28 week milestone and knowing that Noddy is growing nicely, suddenly it’s all feeling a bit more real.  I think until now we’ve been denying ourselves the excitement.  Fingers crossed all will be well tomorrow and I can whip about the visa card.

No comments:

Post a Comment