Monday, June 14, 2010

Who says bed rest can't be glamorous




This weekend I spent some time at the hairdresser. A lot of time at the hairdresser. Sadly it wasn't my usual hairdresser. Instead I visited Salon Jemima who's chief stylist had little experience and no qualifications other than a good eye for all things plastic, pink and shiny. OK, so I may not have left the salon (aka the sofa) as stylish and as coiffured as I'd have liked, but hey I had far more fun. See for yourself.


In addition, Jemima and I did lots of puzzles. She's always been a bit of puzzle queen, easily managing a 60 -100 piece puzzle. But feeling slightly bored of the Hello Kitty and Spongebob puzzles that she's mastered in recent months we bought her a new 150 piece puzzle. I know I'm biased but even I was impressed at how quickly and easily she completed this one, with little intervention from me.
Today I'm paying the price of spending too much time at the weekend sitting outside in the sunshine. I definitely did too much and as a result need to cut back on my activity for a few days, increasing my time lying rather than sitting. I'm bored already.
On the plus side, my sun lounger has arrived - unfortunately on a day when the sun had decided not to grace us with its presence. Fingers crossed for a some more sun later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment